THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT PRIVACY NOTICE.
|This Notice explains how we obtain, use, and disclose your personal information following the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”). At The Production Warehouse CC (and incl the website (www.productionwarehouse.co.za), POPI Act-Compliance), we are committed to protecting your privacy so that your personal information is collected and used correctly, lawfully, and transparently.|
The information we collect.
We collect and process your personal information to contact you to understand your requirements and deliver services accordingly. For this purpose, we will collect contact details, including your name and organization. We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional. Website usage information is collected using “cookies”, which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
How we use your information.
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary, your information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
• To gather contact information.
• To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorized user for security purposes.
• For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice.
• For audit and record-keeping purposes. • In connection with legal proceedings.
• Trade references.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers involved in delivering products or services to you. We have agreements to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may also disclose your information:
• Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes.
• Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. Accordingly, we will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
• Physical security;
• Computer and network security;
• Access to personal information;
• Secure communications;
• Security in contracting out activities or functions;
• Retention and disposal of information;
• Acceptable usage of personal information;
• Governance and regulatory issues;
• Monitoring access and usage of private information;
• Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing your personal information. Please note that any such access request may be subject to payment of a legally allowable fee.
Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before changing the personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate. Definition of personal information According to the Act, ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and, applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
Further to the POPI Act, we also include the following items as personal information:
• All addresses, including residential, postal and email addresses.
• Change of name – We require copies of the marriage certificate or official change of name document issued by the state department.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this Notice, you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information.
Please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed below.
The Production Warehouse CC
Company Tel: 087 001 0383
Company Address: Unit 5, 54 Mopedi Road. Sebenza. Edenvale .
Information Officer: Donovan Ellis: firstname.lastname@example.org